"All the talent and intelligence in the world
can hold you back rather than foster creativity if you are uptight."
Tom Kelley, Partner, IDEO
Make any day a Belly Laugh Day at work:
- Wear a nametag: Please Be Patient With Me I Am .....
- Make a Decision using the Magic Eight Ball (60 years old in 2006)
- Send a photo your laughing self on your cell phone.
Emaile the photo to your colleagues.
Invite them to join you for a 1:24 p.m. laugh out loud moment.
- Carpet the floor with blown up balloons.
Imagine the fun as you walk around
the office kicking the balloons all day.
- Make up new political correct definitions such as
- Play music during low energy moments.
Get out of your seat and move your body.
- Smile, laugh out loud, laugh silently
every time you hit delete on your computer.
- Add the syllables he, ha, ho to your jargon.
- Hold a 15 minute meeting without flip charts, pda, computers, etc.
Put rolls of paper on the table, crayons or markers.
Imagine the most outlandish uses for your products/services.
The is a "yes and" meeting.
- Tell your a story about your most embarassing moment at work.
If you have never been embarassed at work, make up a moment.
- Lead a farandol through the office.
- See celebrate past laughter
- See connect with positive laughter